Off Late I have been in touch with a lot of SCCM Admins who have been giving Interviews in Various Companies . I have noticed a pattern which is specific to specific companies . Some of the generic questions being asked are :
- What is the difference Between Query and a Report ?
- What is difference between Refreshing a collection and updating a collection ?
- What are the log files to check for software distribution ?
- What is the difference between Program and Application ?
- Why do we Extend AD Schema ? Is it a Mandatory Step ?
- What is the Difference Between Hardware Inventory and Software Inventory ?
- What are log files for Inventory ?
- How can we check if the SCCM Server management Point is Up and Running ?
- What are SCCM management Point Log Files ?
- What is the Difference Between Distribution Point and Secondary Site ?
- What is Branch Cache ?
- What are Log Files for Patch Management ?
- What is the Concept of Content Library ?
- What is the Log Files which you will check to Trouble Shoot OSD Issues ?
Some Reporting Related Questions Could be :
Write a SQl Script to find all the programs in Add Remove Programs
Write a SQl to find Xp machines in the Environment
Trust me !! If you have Answers to these questions , you will get 50 % questions similar to ones mentioned above ( Unless the Interviewer sees this post 😉 )
However If you are getting Interviewed by me Do not expect even a Single question from the above list .